Banana Puddin' Cake
- PAM® Baking Spray
- 1 pkg (15.25 oz) Duncan Hines® Dolly Parton's Southern Style Banana Cake Mix
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 pkg (3.4oz) vanilla or banana instant pudding mix, divided use
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cold heavy (whipping) cream
- 1/3 cup Duncan Hines® Dolly Parton's Creamy Buttercream Frosting
- 1 large banana, thinly sliced (24 slices)
- 18 vanilla wafers
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray two 8-inch round pans with baking spray.
- Blend cake mix, 1 cup milk, eggs, melted butter and 3 tablespoons pudding mix in a large bowl with an electric mixer on low speed until moistened, about 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes.
- Divide batter evenly into pans. Bake 26 to 30 minutes, until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool on wire rack 15 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely.
- PUDDING FILLING: Pour remaining pudding mix into a small bowl. Whisk in 1 cup cold milk and let stand for about a minute, until it is very thick.
- FROSTING: In a medium bowl, whip heavy cream using handheld mixer on high speed for 3 minutes or until stiff peaks form. Add buttercream frosting and mix on low speed an additional 10 seconds or until fully combined.
- Place one cooled cake layer on serving plate. Spread pudding filling evenly over cake. Top with 12 slices of banana. Crush 6 cookies and sprinkle over bananas and pudding.
- Top with second cake layer and press gently to secure. Frost entire cake with whipped cream frosting. Decorate the top of the cake with additional frosting, banana slices and cookies. Refrigerate 15 minutes. Slice and Serve!
If you don't want to make fresh whipped cream, this cake tastes great if you just frost with entire container of buttercream frosting!
For more baking inspiration check