- Pam® Baking Spray
- 1 pkg (15.25 oz) Duncan Hines® Dolly Parton's Southern Style Coconut Cake Mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1 container (16 oz) Duncan Hines® Dolly Parton's Creamy Buttercream Frosting
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray two 8-inch round pans with baking spray.
- Blend cake mix, milk, melted butter and eggs in a large bowl with an electric mixer on low speed until moistened, about 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into pans and bake 26 to 32 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack 15 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely.
- Place one cooled cake layer on serving plate. Spread about 1/2-cup frosting on first layer. Top with second cake layer. Frost entire cake with remaining frosting. Press coconut around top and sides of cake. Slice and serve!
For more baking inspiration check